Monday, May 7, 2007

I'm Confused

I'm confused.

I recently visited a new doctor for a minor problem, and she strongly scolded me for using ibuprofen for pai relief, telling me it could raise my blood pressure to a dangerous level. She gave me a prescription for Tylenol 3 (acetomenaphen plus codiene) to use instead.

Years ago i switched from aspirin to ibuprofen because of aspirin's causing gastric bleeding and problems with blood thinning. I has always avoided acetomenaphen because of the high rate of liver damage it causes. Codiene is an opiate the use of which can lead to addiction.

As I understand it, I can use aspirin, and risk stomach damage, ibuprofen, and risk high blood pressure or stroke, acetomenaphen, and risk liver damage, or codiene, and risk addiction.

What I cannot do is use marijuana, an effective pain-reliever with no serious side effects, because it is a dangerous drug.

Am I just confused, or is something seriously wrong with our drug laws?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home